TERMS & CONDITIONS
I. Payment Policy
1) Accepted Payment Methods
We accept the following payment methods that are offered during our check out process for event registration and in the IWTO ecommerce store:
- Credit Card: We accept Visa and Master Card via our PayPal Portal
- PayPal: IWTO accepts payments through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal Account to pay for your items through PayPal. You can choose the PayPal Option during checkout. After you submit your order click the "Pay Now" button. Scroll Down and you will see the option to pay with a Credit or Debit Card WITHOUT having to sign up for a PayPal account.
- Bank Transfer: You can choose to pay by bank transfer. Our bank account details are:
- Account name: International Wool Textile Organisation (IWTO)
BNP Paribas Fortis Bank
Place du Luxembourg 14, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
IBAN BE41 0017 1292 4010; BIC GEBABEBB
- Credit Card Charges: Your credit card will be charged when you place your order. If we are not able to fulfil your order for any reason your credit card will be refunded.
II. Event Terms and Conditions
By registering for an IWTO event, Attendees agree to the following terms and conditions:
A) Attendee Terms
B) Cancellation Policy
C) Data Protection
D) Crowd Release Notice
A) Attendee Terms
Attendee terms are applicable regardless of how registration is made.
- Attendee refers to all persons attending /registering for the IWTO Event.
- Attendee will receive registration confirmation by email upon receipt of completed registration.
- Attendees will find a link in the registration confirmation email to the hotel booking form and it is the Attendee’s responsibility to book and manage hotel reservation.
- IWTO reserves the right to refuse entry to Attendees at its sole discretion.
- All conference names, titles and programmes (also referred to as agendas and/or proceedings) are the sole copyright of IWTO. Any reproduction without prior permission in whatever form may result in legal action being pursued.
- The venues used for IWTO events may have their own policies in place that relate to the organisation, expectations and behaviour of delegates. IWTO will communicate where applicable any particular venue idiosyncrasies in advance of the event date and accept no responsibility or liability for any non-adherence to same.
- Event changes. It may be necessary from time to time to amend the event programme and the details of those participating. Therefore, IWTO reserves the right to alter the programme of the event at any time. IWTO endeavours to communicate any changes to Attendees and it is recommended that Attendees check regularly the event website for up-to-date developments. If Attendees have any specific queries, they should contact IWTO at email@example.com.
- It is not authorised to plan parallel events during the IWTO event and it is not permitted to invite Attendees of the IWTO event to any other events taking place during official sessions and/or social events. Permission in writing must be sought from IWTO for any events that Attendees are looking to organise around the IWTO event. All such requests must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event expense reimbursement policy. All Attendees including, but not limited to, speakers, committee chairs, working group secretaries etc., are responsible for their own registration, travel and accommodation expenses in relation to attendance at an IWTO event unless it has specifically been agreed otherwise with IWTO (usually reserved for persons from outside the wool industry at the express request of IWTO).
B) Cancellation Policy & Refunds
1) Event Registration Fees
Registration cancellations must be made in writing by Attendees to IWTO Head Office in Brussels at email@example.com. It should be understood that the start date of the event is 13 May 2018.
- For cancellation of registration received no less than 30 days before the start date of the event, a refund of 50% on all selected items will be due to Attendee;
- For cancellations received less than 30 days before the start date of the event, no refund will be due to Attendee;
- No-shows will not be entitled to any refund.
Any refunds due will be made after the event by IWTO. Please contact IWTO at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of any refunds you believe are due.
Substitution of an Attendee by another person of the same company is permitted without any penalty and must be made in writing to email@example.com, ideally prior to the event.
2) Hotel Booking
Hotel room reservations are to be made directly by registered Attendees using the link or booking form in the event online registration. IWTO will not be held responsible for any hotel room reservations made between Attendee and hotel, and the limited rooms available will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees are responsible for making and managing hotel bookings, including cancellations. In all cases the hotel cancellation policy provided by the hotel shall be applicable.
IWTO is committed to respecting the Attendee’s right to privacy and to protecting personal information in the following way:
- Data collected in relation to an event. Any personal data collected from Attendee by IWTO in relation to this event will be used only as required for the business to be transacted between Attendee and IWTO as well as other supplier partners. No personal data will be disclosed to other third parties unless IWTO is required by law to do so, or has been granted express permission.
- Participant list. Attendee’s names, company and country will be made available to other Attendees via an attendance list – if you do not wish to have your name shown on the list you may indicate this during the online registration.
- Event Mobile App. Attendee information may be transferred to the mobile app in place for that specific event in order facilitate networking. If you do not wish to have your details included in the mobile app you may indicate this during the online registration.
- Reasonable precautions. IWTO has taken all reasonable steps to protect personal data from unauthorised access, modification or misuse, both from within and outside IWTO.
- Release to selected third parties. IWTO will not sell personal information to third parties.
- Links to external websites. The IWTO website may from time to time contain links to other sites having different privacy provisions. IWTO shall in no way be held responsible for those sites, or for any consequence of using them.
We want to inform you that any personal data you are submitting to IWTO will be treated under the legislation concerning private information and the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU. For full details of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) see:
https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/3e485e15-11bd-11e6-ba9a-01aa75ed71a1/language-en and https://www.eugdpr.org/the-regulation.html
D) Crowd Release Notice
Please be aware that photographs, filming and sound recording may be undertaken in connection with this event and you may be photographed, filmed or your voice recorded during the event. If you do not wish to be photographed or to have your photo used in connection with the event, please indicate this in the online registration.
If you agree to have your photograph taken and that IWTO may use it in connection with the event, you agree that IWTO and its related entities, contractors and agents may film and photograph you and record your voice; and make use of such recordings of your image or voice, without compensation, in any media anywhere in the world for whatever purpose in connection with this event.
III. Disclaimer & Copyright
All rights reserved. No part of the event website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not restricted to, electronic, mechanical, printed or recorded without the express prior permission of the copyright owner. Every precaution is taken by IWTO to ensure that the content of this site is accurate and legally and morally correct. However, IWTO accepts no responsibility for the views or comments expressed by individuals or organisations contained therein and contributors to the site, through e-mail, discussion forums or published works undertaken to indemnify IWTO from any third-party actions that may result from their contributions.
The following are prohibited:
- The sharing, posting or use of any content that could be seen as pornographic, immoral, obscene or in any other way offensive to any subjective, reasonable person.
- Damaging the good name of IWTO or any other user on the site or person in general, regardless of their affiliation to the website by posting, linking or sharing through video consultation, false, altered, unfair, discriminatory, racist, defamatory, or otherwise unsuitable content.
- Any conduct that would violate copyright law or that could be seen in any way as a form of plagiarism without correct referencing and acknowledgement.
- Providing advice on issues or concerns falsely, by claiming that you are an expert in such an area or by pretending you have knowledge of a certain area.
- Registering under a category that you are not qualified to be included under.
- Using the site to gather personal information in an unethical, fraudulent manner.
- Sending spam emails or any other type of mass emailing.
- Harassment of any of our users.
- Any form of blackmail or any other illegal or immoral practices.
- Misrepresenting your skills as an expert, giving knowingly false information or information that is not knowingly false but information that an objective, reasonable party would expect an expert in a particular field to know.
- Falsely representing yourself as someone that you are not, or claiming affiliation to a certain person, company, service, entity or brand that you are not in fact associated with.
- Allowing any other person other than yourself to use your account and conduct business on your behalf, without informing the client and receiving their approval.
- Falsely claiming an affiliation or employment relationship with IWTO which you DO NOT have.
- Interfering in any way with IWTO’s platform in any way that could be considered damaging.
- Using IWTO to spread viruses or any other type of malware.
- Attempting to gain access to a profile that is not yours.
- Any misuse of our platform and its resources that could be considered by a reasonable, objective individual to be incorrect or unethical.
Consequences for Misuse and Enforcement of Policies
If you feel there has been any misconduct occurring on IWTO, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will seek to resolve any issue as soon as possible. By using our site you also agree to support us in any investigation we may have and provide us with all relevant information we may ask of you.
IV. Product Sales Terms and Conditions for items other than Event Registration
These conditions apply if you have purchased a publication such as the Red Book or Market Information from the IWTO store.
B) Returns, Refunds and Exchange Policy
C) Shipping Policy
If you would like to cancel your order, you can do so provided that the order has not yet been shipped or sent in electronic format. If the item you want to cancel has been shipped, the order cannot be cancelled. However, you can return a hardcover or printed item for a refund. See our Return policy.
B) Returns, Refunds and Exchange Policy
How to Return an Item
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase.
Please email email@example.com to request a refund and we will assign you a tracking #.
Mail your returned item to:
International Wool Textile Organisation
Returns Department Tracking #
Rue de l’industrie 4
Include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return and the original receipt. Please note that you need to pay for return shipping and handling yourself.
Some items cannot be returned. These include digital publications.
Products that have been used will not be accepted for return or exchange.
All items are subject to a 10% restocking fee, this will be deducted from your refund. We also do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order.
If the item you have ordered is in like new condition, you may exchange your item for a different item. You will not be subject to a restocking fee in this case, but you still will have to pay return shipping.
C) Shipping Policy
You can trust that your order will be quickly processed and safely delivered.
We can ship products to any destination of your choice.
All items in stock are shipped within 3-5 working days Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
- Viva Express
- Belgian Post
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using Belgian post will not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page, you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to or opt for a digital copy if available.